Which is the best movement to optimize the engraving / cutting of the tiles? There isn't an answer to this question because we need to analyze the topic from different points of view and decide consequently. Here below we list the main advantages and disadvantages of the two methods of engraving / cutting the tiles.
PUSH MANUAL TILE CUTTER
The tile cutters of the P3 line are part of this category, in particular in our store you can find the tile cutters
- the grip and the hand and arm movements are natural / ergonomic *;
- the linear and fluid movement of the arm optimally exploits the levers supplied by the tile cutter giving the possibility to the tiler to easily manage the engraving force without physical problems. This feature is particularly useful for tiles with irregular surfaces or special enamels;
- with the push model the engraving tool is ready for splitting the tile at the end of the incision (it is not necessary to reposition it);
- in case of large tiles, over 50/60 cm (Marazzi, Mirage, Cotto d'Este, Graniti, Fiandre, etc.) the scoring tool is a natural extension of the arm and therefore the incision can be completed in the optimal position without the need of displacements or interruptions during cutting.
- the support square of the tile isn't close to the operator;
PULL MANUAL TILE CUTTER
In our store you can find the tile cutter
the support square of the tile is close to the operator;
during the cut the hand and arm movements aren't natural / ergonomic *;
it is more difficult to apply a lot of incision strength necessary for special tiles with irregular surfaces or special enamels;
it is necessary to reposition the scoring tool to make the gap;
We can see that both solutions have advantages and disadvantages. The final choice is up to the operator based on his needs.
* Definition of ergonomics: the current objective is to contribute to the design of objects, services, living and working environments to respect the limits of man and strengthen his working capacity. Ergonomics is nourished by scientific and technological acquisitions that allow to improve the quality of living conditions, in all daily activities.
Source: Italian Society of Ergonomics.